Saturday, February 9, 2013

Almost 12 weeks!

I am three days away from reaching the 12 week mark in pregnancy.  I am really excited to almost be there and also a little apprehensive of what the next 6 months will hold.  And beyond that - the next lifetime of Baby Medrano!

Who knew that motherhood worries begin when the baby is barely a twinkle in your eye.  I found out I was pregnant when I was a mere 5 weeks.  Now at 12 weeks the reality is sinking in.  Could it be the constant morning sickness?  The fatigue?  The baby crib my inlaws already purchased for us?  I'm already worrying about what kind of world my baby will be born into.  What neighborhood has the best schools?  How exactly will my back to work schedule look like post-baby?  What kind of Mom will I be?  Will my baby look like me?

On another interesting front I mailed in my official "birth family search request" to WACAP.  I have little to no expectations of finding anything.  But it was a big step to start the search and I feel good that I mailed it in. 

It's an odd thing to explain to non-adoptees... but there is something really powerful to know I am having a baby and for the first time in my adult life... will be with another person who shares my blood.  I find comfort in that. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marika! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer a question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete